JMC Philanthropic Advisors (JMC), a boutique philanthropic advisory firm located in Santa Monica, California, provides foundation management and philanthropic advisory services for individuals, families and corporations. This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating and creative environment where the work results in a profound, lasting and meaningful impact on the people touched and our world.
JMC is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to support both internal operations and external client services. The Ideal candidate will have:
- exceptional oral and written communications skills
- a very high attention to detail with strong organizational abilities
- a talent and experience with research and analysis
- excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- a good public presence with the ability to interact seamlessly with individuals from highly varied walks-of-life
- an innovative and flexible attitude with a good sense of humor
- a passion for variety and learning combined with strong multi-tasking abilities
- A bachelor’s degree; ideally with 2 or more years of paid professional experience.
- Technologically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Suite with the ability to conduct research projects and generate professional graphics, presentations and large research or summary reports.
- Very high attention to detail required. Ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in all facets of position.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in writing and in person.
- Efficient and capable of effectively prioritizing, multi-tasking, and managing multiple projects with multiple deadlines and preparing deliverables on time and of high quality.
- Takes initiative and can work well both independently and collaboratively in a small team environment.
- A positive, proactive attitude with a high level of flexibility. Ability to be self-reflective and receive constructive feedback.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Experience setting up and managing software for tracking projects, deliverables and client information
- Experience updating or developing websites
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding all information received
- Create and coordinate client deliverables, presentations, meeting materials and other communication pieces using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software tools
- Assist with planning and logistics of events, conferences, retreats and site visits.
- Collect and track data and prepare reports, memos and other documents as needed
- Serve as office liaison for technology support, supplies, and other vendors
- Develop and maintain files and tracking systems for clients and grants
- Maintain appointment and meeting calendars and ensure JMC staff are informed of schedules
- Use the Internet as a resource for research reports
- Support staff with meeting preparation, scheduling, and documentation.
- Manage administrative aspects of grant making including: creating grant files, sending applicant materials, processing incoming grant applications, drafting grantee correspondence, processing interim and year end grant reports and ensure accuracy and quality of all documents.
- Maintain required records for clients’ grantees, including paper and electronic files.
- Process office related invoices and expense payments.
- Provide general office support; including, filing, copying, mailing, answering calls, processing invoices and expense payments and greeting visitors
- Work with other individuals (inside or outside the firm) on a regular basis as needed and particularly for special projects and events.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Paid vacation and sick days. Parking provided.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history (current job and past two) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. NO CALLS, please.
JMC Philanthropic Advisors is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse candidate pool.