- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in County-wide SPA meetings to provide information on permanent supportive housing opportunities, and provides eligibility criteria information for housing resources.
- Work collaboratively with CES SPA leads/coordinators/matchers to collect referrals for permanent supportive housing opportunities.
- Work with DMH, DHS, local housing authorities and permanent supportive housing providers to provide oversight of permanent housing referrals and attached supportive services.
- Provide capacity building and technical assistance to SPA leads/coordinators/matchers.
- Facilitate housing process discussions to improve system effectiveness and develop a strategic plan to execute solutions to housing barriers.
- Collect inventory of permanent supportive housing opportunities entered into the CES and facilitate regular formal and informal feedback on systems delivery.
Technical Assistance & Training:
- Organize meetings among service providers and stakeholders to facilitate referral processes.
- Assist in program design and adaptation of services models; adapt fidelity models for services to meet the unique needs of homeless individuals and families in Los Angeles County.
- Deep knowledge of the Coordinated Entry System.
- Capacity to put theory into practice and support implementation at the program level.
- Knowledge of documentation practices and reporting procedures for programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of policy, systems and local programs that impact people experience homelessness and related public funding sources, regulations, requirements and procedures.
- Experience interacting with and negotiating a number of systems that affect the lives of people experiencing homelessness in Los Angeles.
- Ability to establish excellent relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations diverse in mission, composition, function, capacity and geographic location.
- Experience with program development, management and implementation required.
- Ability to think critically and strategically and to quickly grasp concepts and apply them to solve complex social problems.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in response to changing information or funding needs.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities within a multi‐disciplinary team environment.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor degree required; advanced degree desirable.
- At least three years relevant work experience in the provision or oversight of homeless services program is preferred.
- The successful candidate is required to have strong knowledge of the social service field and/or successful management and implementation of homeless programs in the non‐profit, government, or private sector.
- Knowledge of provider community and awareness of the unique social geography and built environment of Los Angeles County.
Other Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and internet.
- Deep knowledge of Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
To apply mail, fax or email cover letter, resume and at least three (3) professional references to:
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
Attn: Keshia Douglas, Director of HR & Administration
811 Wilshire Boulevard, 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Email: [email protected]