Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
System Planning & Implementation
- Supports implementation of Youth CES across all eight Service Planning Areas (SPAs) to ensure consistency in coordination, utilization, and matching to resources across the County by providing or coordinating technical assistance and support.
- Supports providers in complying with expectations for assessing and entering clients into the Coordinated Entry System for Youth.
- Works with public, private and philanthropic partners to develop a coordinated community response to end youth homelessness that is informed by the United States Interagency Council Framework to Ending Youth Homelessness.
- Implements city and county strategies related to homeless youth and coordinated entry systems.
- Works with Youth CES Lead agencies, system partners, and other LAHSA departments to ensure the effective start up, management, monitoring and troubleshooting of Youth CES operations.
- Works with all Youth CES stakeholders to troubleshoot any issues or barriers that may prevent the timely provision of services.
- Works closely with LAHSA’s Outcomes department to track and analyze system capacity and performance, and recommend system design amendments as necessary.
- Provides orientation and ongoing training to contract agencies on regulations and best practices.
- Participates in the design of RFPs and the evaluation of proposals submitted for funding.
- Prepares program design elements to support Youth CES implementation.
- Represents LAHSA at official functions and events in the community.
- Supports Youth CES implementation and integration broadly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Coordinated Entry Systems and homeless services systems in Los Angeles, preferably targeting homeless youth.
- Demonstrated experience in program coordination, administration, and capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in coordination and leading change.
- Collaborative problem solver. Her/his work will be executed with creativity and efficiency.
- Ability to establish excellent relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with presenting and group facilitation.
- Self-guided and demonstrated initiative. Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of policy, systems and local programs that impact homeless persons and related public funding sources, regulations, requirements and procedures.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to working collaboratively to address homelessness in Los Angeles.
Training & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree required, field of social service preferred; advanced degree desirable.
- At least three years relevant work experience in program/project management and capacity building. The successful candidate is required to have strong knowledge of the social services field and/or successful management and implementation of homeless programs in the non‐profit, government, or private sector.
Other Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Proficient in office software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and internet.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.