- Manage a portfolio of highly visible projects from inception to completion, inclusive of facilities considerations, homeless services design, planning and implementation, and measuring effectiveness.
- Consider and advise on geographic need, feasibility, community implications, integration into the system of homeless services delivery, and overall project impact.
- Oversee Project Management staff and their respective projects.
- Create and maintain clear project management tools and protocols that consider: goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Define project scope, timeline, deliverables, milestones, and required tasks in collaboration with project stakeholders.
- Determine and manage project resources and procurement of vendors for project activities.
- Create strategic solutions with attention to system opportunities and barriers.
- Consistently and comprehensively communicate with project stakeholders to ensure shared understanding of deliverables and timeline.
- Proactively manage and escalate risks throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain process and documentation for request, tracking, and approving changes to project scope, deliverables and/or timeline.
- Coordinate all projects internally with LAHSA departments responsible for executing City and County Homeless Strategies.
- Collaborate on projects with organizational leadership to build buy‐in and commitment of resources for current initiatives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including intergovernmental peers, elected officials, non-profit partners and general public, and community.
- The successful candidate will be collaborative and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency.
- Ability to establish excellent relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations diverse in mission, composition, function, and capacity.
- Knowledge and understanding of policy, systems and local programs that impact homeless persons and related public funding sources, regulations, requirements and procedure.
- Detailed-oriented, strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated flexibility, maturity and ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Communicates well with others and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in the face of competing demands and external pressures.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
Training and Experience:
- Formal Project Management certification preferred.
- Bachelor degree preferred; advanced degree highly desirable.
- At least three years relevant work experience managing projects
- Preferred strong knowledge of the social services field and/or successful management and implementation of homeless programs in the non‐profit, government, or private sector.
Other Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Proficient in office software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project) and internet.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.